Field Generalist Adjuster
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) provides quality private passenger automobile insurance to our valued customers. We are an Illinois domiciled property and casualty insurance company regulated by the State of Illinois Department of Insurance. We began operations in 2000 and provide private passenger automobile and physical damage insurance coverage in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada and Texas.
Approximately 30% of the insurance product is sold through an affiliated agency group while the remaining 70% are distributed through series of independent agents.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Generalist Adjuster that is skilled at handling both Property Damage and Non-Attorney Represented Bodily Injury claims. The candidate would possess the ability and passion to care about accurately resolving their customer's claim problems in a timely manner. This is an excellent claim adjuster position, with a strong potential of professional growth within the claims organization.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Estimate cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each item of damage using standard automotive labor and parts-cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Determines salvage value on total loss vehicle.
- Evaluates practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Review repair estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs, and cycle time of the repair.
- Promote strong customer service via ongoing communication with both shop and customer.
- Work closely with the file owner and SIU on any coverage/liability issues, as well as develop rapport and promote timely and amicable resolution of respective Bodily Injury claims..
- A minimum of 3 years of automobile claims liability experience.
- Strong people skills with emphasis on rapport building, negotiation and settlement skills.
- Detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer-focused orientation modeling patience and empathy.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
- Ability and willingness to handle cases involving both Property Damage and Bodily Injury.
- Self-motivated team player.
- High School Diploma, but College Degree preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred
Benefits available for full time employees:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Bonus Eligible
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance
- Wellness program and EAP
Our company goals are simple and straightforward:
- Respectfully deliver convenient and accessible auto insurance.
- Offer quality insurance products and services based on individual needs at a competitive price.
- Give our agents the support they need, so they can in turn; provide excellent customer service to our valued customers.
At American Access, we're 'driven to do the right thing at every turn'. We're proud of the values that we hold dear. We believe these values are what separates us from the competition, and what allows us to best serve all of our customers and business partners. We STRIVE every day to live these values.
Service Going the extra mile for our teams and customers no matter the obstacles
Teamwork Bringing out the best in each other and knowing how our role impacts others
Respect Walking in each other's shoes to appreciate their perspective
Integrity Delivering on our promises without shortcuts
Vision Seeing a better future through innovation
Excellence Knowing that good enough is not enough
We will accomplish the above by the following:
- Focus on our specialty minimum limits auto insurance lines in markets where we can achieve sustainable scale to deliver those results.
- Utilize all of our tools and relationships to generate key market insight, develop products that deliver value, and make our partners more successful.
- Encourage a culture of innovation through experimentation and development of technology and continuous improvement of our operations.
- Instill strong teamwork internally amongst all the various departments as well as our external partners to provide the best customer service experience possible.
- By teaching and developing the right skills so each employee understands their role and responsibilities to assure each person is striving to be their best, so we can collectively succeed as an organization.
- Lead through our values to build upon our reputation and our track record to become a destination for talent, a partner of choice in the industry, and a trusted advisor for our customers.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.