Commercial Lines Associate Team Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Commercial Lines team acts as an intermediary between the agent and the insurance company, assisting the agent at multiple levels. The team markets risks to carrier partners on behalf of agents using a combination of automation and direct carrier placement. At different levels, sales skills and knowledge of risks and the insurance market are used to find and arrange suitable insurance policies and arrange coverage. The team acts in the interest of the agents and offers products from more than one insurer to provide the agents the best quotes available to them.
The Commercial Team Leader manages and leads a team of Placement Specialists in a Sales Team and Associate Placement Specialists in a Service Team environment. This role is responsible for managing new business sales objectives and Call Team service levels. They are responsible for quality and consistency of sales and service training outcomes. The Team Lead provides analytical and administrative support to the Commercial Lines leaders, manages projects and initiatives under direction from the Commercial Operations Senior Manager. Tasks are broad and may be complex in nature.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of business unit and/or industry systems, processes and requirements
- Applies business and industry experience to identify resource needs and best practices in area of responsibility.
- Provides information to management for purposes planning and setting goals and objectives
- Independently manages projects for one-up manager
- Manages, trains, mentors and coaches employees in their professional development
- Establishes goals and assist employees in meeting objectives to be successful
- Ensures understanding of technical matters by Placement and Call Team employees
- Manages and reviews quality and service levels. Conducts coaching sessions with individuals.
- Establishes standards to manage and review quality and service level agreements
- Gathers and analyzes business and stakeholder requirements. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend process and procedure
- Develops training materials for all levels of the placement team countrywide
- Meets with carrier representatives to learn about new products and underwriting guidelines
- Escalation point person handling issues, complaints or problems of higher complexity, resolving them using judgment and knowledge of industry best practices
- Attends meetings with management to be briefed or give guidance on team status, communicate changes, provide feedback on ability to delivery necessary training needed
- Manages daily activities of the team, allocates resources and assigns project work
- Uses technology platforms and system level reports to manage and direct sales, service and efficiency levels
- College degree and/or equivalent experience
- Training and education
- Experience in a distribution network or agency
- 5 to 7 years professional experience in Property and Casualty
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Results driven- demonstrated accountability for new business written premium targets
- Negotiating and influencing ability to impact the decision of others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Relationship management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Internet proficiency
- Experience with multi-line rating and underwriting
- Related license
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.