Customer Service Associate
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for answering basic customer inquiries on currently marketed health products. This position is 100% telephone support. The Customer Service Associate may need to escalate requests and concerns to the appropriate external departments to meet customer needs or requests. Will also be responsible for:
- Answer incoming customer calls and respond to customer requests by maintaining basic knowledge of products
- Understand basic telecommunications and provide accurate product information
- Provide quick, professional, precise resolution to customer issues/questions
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
- Starting hourly wage is $15.25
- Full benefits first day of training
- Start Date: June 18, 2018
- Training hours will be 9:45 am to 6:30 pm Monday Friday (for first 6 weeks)
- After training must be willing to work an 8 hour shift between 11:15 am to 8 pm Monday - Friday
- At least 2 years of prior customer service experience in a inbound call center
- Must be able to attend the full 12 weeks of training
- High school diploma required. Post high school training in a specialized trade, technical school or college preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Insurance background including knowledge of health insurance terminology is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.