- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The tax role within the Allstate enterprise is to provide all tax compliance, tax accounting and tax planning functions for the enterprise. This includes handling of all tax related audits as well as appropriate communication, where appropriate, with management on tax and related matters.
The Tax Analyst position generally requires one year of experience in the relevant tax field for which they are being considered (e.g. state corporate income taxes, premium taxes, sales and use taxes, taxation involving state tax provision, state compliance work including preparation of state tax returns as well as a variety of compliance projects related to insurance and noninsurance companies.)
Job responsibilities could include:
- Preparation of state tax provision for financial reporting. This includes downloading SAP income detail and gathering income projections from various business units to calculate projected tax liabilities for the various companies.
- Preparation of state tax returns (including state premium tax returns). This involves working with income tax (CorpTax) and/or Premium Tax (Premium Pro) return preparation software to prepare the respective returns. Involves working in Adobe Pro to reference the electronic copy of returns, working in Excel to compute various tax liability calculations.
- Account reconciliations / validation. This involves downloading balances from our general ledger software (SAP) and reconciling the account balances to the specific transaction details for the respective period.
- Special projects as assigned- including gathering relevant information to respond to taxing authority notices, assisting in tax research projects that may involve utilizing RIA research software, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 1 year of related experience
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy with numbers
- Efficient worker
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Corp Tax and SAP a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.