Commercial Casualty Processor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity as a Commercial Casualty Processor in Irving, TX!
The Commercial Casualty Processor is responsible for assisting claims professionals in Commercial by performing analysis or activities related to customer satisfaction, loss, and expense management, or other claim activity. Support may include clerical data entry, processing claims, medical, and witness report requests, filing paper documents, processing claims payments, and performing word processing. Support also may include obtaining first notice of loss reports from claimant/agent via telephone/fax/mail/internet. This job processes non-complex, non-technical claim related activities within established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or a claim adjuster. The individual handles a single line of claims or a combination of claims from different segments. The individual is expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED), plus two years of customer service experience in an office environment
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry is a plus, but not required
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to help others
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English is especially desirable
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.