AmTrust Financial Services
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Commercial Claims Adjuster with Commercial Trucking experience. The Commercial Trucking Claims Adjuster will be responsible for confirming coverage, making 24-hour contact with involved parties. The adjuster must be equipped both legally and technically to handle Commercial Trucking claims. This position will be located in our Dallas, TX office.
- Assess insurance coverage based on the policy and claims report to determine if claim can be accepted as being within coverage
- Interview with claimant and witnesses as well as gather information i.e. police and hospital records, estimates to determine injuries
- Conduct a thorough analysis of liability and damages
- Complete quality investigations by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.)
- Document all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions
- Commercial trucking experience is required
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications
- College degree is not a prerequisite for this position; however, employee should possess such skill and knowledge as are normally gained in the successful completion of a four-year college program.
- Good knowledge of insurance theory and practices; insurance contracts and their application.
- Minimum of five plus years of experience in job-related functions or equivalent. AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.