AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. is looking for a result driven professional, eager to accept the responsibility of forming our Global Command Center into a high performance organization, in not only day-to-day operations, but also monitoring, backup storage, data center, and disaster recovery. We need a technical Supervisor with a System Administrator background that is ready to work in a complex, fast-paced environment.Responsibilities
- The NOC Supervisor will have 8+ System Administrators reporting to them.
- Ensure adequate coverage for the 7x24x365 environment so that the network infrastructure is running effectively at all times which includes continuous monitoring of all services, and ensuring that every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
- Coach and mentor GCC technicians to ensure that staff is working on issues as efficiently and accurately as possible in a team-oriented environment.
- Manage team to meet KPI/SLA objectives for existing clients as well as new installations while providing hands-on leadership during network events and deployments.
- Develop, refine, and document GCC policies, processes, procedures, including training.
- Work closely with Server Administrators on escalation of issues (Tier III) as well as Sys Dev on software releases/upgrades/requirements.
- Develop and report on metrics for the performance of the GCC and individual GCC employees, including but not limited to MTTR, number of escalations, manageable/operations installations and tickets.
- Drive the System Administrators on the team to monitor and resolve customer issues and accomplish objectives by being a role model to impress upon staff to be self-motivated with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Plan projects, training, objectives, timelines, deliverables and milestones for the GCC in a quantifiable manner.
- Assists with support of physical and virtual server environments
- Documenting processes and procedure in detail
- Active Directory Administration
- Group Policy administration
- Folder and share security
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Significate knowledge with implementing and maintaining monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Self-starter, resolution-minded, outside the box thinker and doer.
- Thorough knowledge of backup storage technology and maintenance.
- Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics.
- Ability to provide both hands on solutions and supervision of projects as well as deliver training.
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within and outside the Company
- 7+ years of professional experience in a GCC, NOC or Enterprise environment involving a geographically distributed network.
- 1+ years of experience in a Supervisor or Management role.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent experience, current certifications, and training.
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Server platform and its components including Active
- Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2, failover clustering, certificate services, IIS, and other related technologies
- Experience with Exchange 2010 Administration
- Experience with configuration and administration of Windows file and print servers
- VMware ESXi (vSphere, vMotion)
- Experience with Terminal Servers
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of enterprise hardware including rack mount and blade servers
- Experience writing/maintaining appropriate scripts to automate system administration and recurring jobs
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Ability to identify and analyze network quality and operational processes and then drive corrective/preventative action plans.
- Experienced in administering performance reviews and mentoring staff.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.