AmTrust Financial Services
The Director of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) creates, leads and implements strategic objectives that enable all employees to perform their best work. This leader will drive critical focus areas for the company in their role as a culture catalyst. This includes evolving our strategies for engaging a diverse and inclusive workforce, strengthening sense of belonging and community and accelerating the development of innovation capabilities across the organization.
The position reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer and may manage a team of experienced team members. This person will interact with senior leaders from all areas of our business, be a thought leader and trusted advisor. In addition, the Director of Inclusion and Engagement will represent AmTrust with multiple external constituencies including U.S. Government Agencies and a variety of Professional Organizations and Affiliations. This position will also be responsible for Employee Engagement and ensuring all programs create a culture that supports AmTrusts Mission, Vision and Values.
- As the leader for our diversity and inclusion strategies, this leader will plan, develop and direct strategies to help the company more effectively recruit, develop and retain our diverse workforce and increase the organizations ability to support an environment where all people feel included and comfortable being themselves, thereby leading to a stronger sense of belonging/community and ultimately greater innovation and success. This leader will help engage and inspire HR colleagues and business leaders to discover and experiment with approaches that are business-focused, yet move beyond conventional thinking.
- Provides oversight to all AmTrust Affinity groups.
- This is a role for an experienced professional accustomed to advising at the executive level and collaborating effectively with colleagues across an array of operational functions within and outside of HR and AmTrust as a whole.
- Develops and implements compelling, strategic initiatives that distinguish the organization as innovative thought leaders. Shapes solutions that draw the connections between diversity, inclusion, belonging and ultimately innovation for the company.
- Proactively identifies current and future needs and trends, shaping business and competency development to inform the evolution of innovative future talent acquisition, development and retention solutions for the enterprise.
- Collaborates effectively regarding programs and initiatives to improve recruitment, development and retention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce - the leader and his/her team does this in close partnership and collaboration with other teams such as Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, People Analytics, Total Rewards, HRBPs, etc.
- Partners with HR across the globe, business leaders and other stakeholders to develop strategic initiatives to develop and embed inclusion and innovation capabilities
- Plays an essential role in integrating and embedding diversity and inclusion into talent management processes, tools, etc.
- Supports the development of integrated strategies for talent management of a diverse global leadership pipeline.
- Consults to improve our organizations environment; ensuring we foster a culture that is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks and proactively leverages multiple dimensions of diversity to enhance employee engagement.
- Coordinate the annual employee engagement survey process including acting as the internal project manager, working closely with the external vendor to design and implement the survey, designing the internal communication strategy to generate positive outcomes for participation
- Work with HR Business Partners to assess survey results, identify trends, recommend solutions to address issues relating to employee engagement and measure action planning outcomes
- Provides input into education and learning platforms based on organizational needs and in keeping with evolving best practices to create awareness and commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and innovation.
- Develops metrics to drive desired outcomes that are specific to the business needs and culturally appropriate. Prepares Executive Committee reports, including metrics, ROI, accomplishments, as well as future activities and strategies.
- This leader also oversees our affirmative action / equal opportunity compliance programs. Responsible for Affirmative Action Plans enterprise-wide. Interprets EEO trends and overall diversity data; collaborates with HR Business Partners in the development of specific actionable plans with clear accountability and metrics to address any gaps. Manages the companys compliance to regulations enforced by other applicable federal and state agencies
- Strategic Agility: Maintains focus on long-term strategy while successfully adapting to changing environments & conditions. Incorporates analytics and a data-driven approach to plans and solutions.
- Innovation: Challenges the organization to be curious, question the status quo and adopt new approaches.
- Inspiring & Influencing: Connects with people in ways that generate enthusiasm and commitment.
- Communication: Encourages direct and open discussions about important issues.
- Managing Change: Understands the impact of change and new activity on the wider organization.
- 10+ years of experience in business and possesses capabilities in related field of expertise
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of effective leadership and management experience
- Strong global mindset, understanding of various global cultures; knowledge of global diversity is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of operating within a large, complex, globally-matrixed organization with the ability to translate global needs to local implementation.
- Record of accomplishment of fostering, driving and implementing innovative ideas with broad impact.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, combined with executive presence. A natural, experienced storyteller/spokesperson, able to work with leaders at all levels to construct effective narratives for adoption of change initiatives.
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills with an ability to drive alignment across executives and peers at all levels in an organization
- Strong critical-thinking and analytical skills combined with a propensity toward creativity and risk taking.
- Passion for engaging and developing people and teams
- Experience designing engagement surveys with external vendors
- Excellent partnering skills: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to assist in the development of other team members.
- Deep and broad business acumen with the ability to lead change is required.
- Demonstrated success of being a community builder
- Domestic and International business travel 20-25% is required.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.