AmTrust Financial Services
Manage the Payroll Department for all pay processing related activities and understand the relationship between the gross to net processing and the back end activities of governmental reporting. Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes impacting the payroll process. Ensure Customer Service expectations are exceeded in the services provided. Trouble shoots complex payroll issues associated with payroll processing and taxing. Accrual processing, GL reporting, time and attendance interfacing, special pay processing. Resolves all issues through root cause analysis. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management in a fast paced and complex work environment. Process improvement and working with other areas to develop cost effective and efficient processes. The manager will also support payroll related project work including the on-boarding of expanded operations including acquisitions for a very growth oriented fast paced organization.Responsibilities
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including income withholding orders, benefits and taxes to 5,000 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and
terminations is accurate and timely.
- Manage payroll department staff.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Audit W-2s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Ensure the payroll team members are cross-trained within the department.
- Internal and external support to include internal financial reporting, risk reporting, G/L entries, and payroll tax compliance. Respond to surveys and field inquiries regarding reporting.
- Research and maintain compliance for existing and new market acquisitions in areas such as tax code, wage and hour, work permits, and including income withholding orders.
- Train new hires and provide on-going mentoring of payroll process and laws to existing employees on the payroll team.
- Creation and maintenance of payroll processes, procedures, and recommend / implement improvements as needed to sustain an effectively delivery of payroll.
- Maintain documented proof of executed controls and audits.
- Bachelors Degree - BS/BA in business or human resources, MBA a plus
- A minimum of 7 years related experience with large payrolls (2,500 employees or more), multi-state payroll department with 3 plus years in a leadership capacity
- Current Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) license preferred
- Must have command of all aspects of multi-state taxations, including income withholding orders, state pay regulations and other related payroll regulations
- Familiarity with Workday or other ERP (PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc.) systems a plus.
- Vendor management skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to immediately handle a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet service level commitments and track to teams success level
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.