AmTrust Financial Services
Follow AmTrusts Best Practices, including Underwriting, Workflow.
- Ensure underwriting quality and profitability through application of the appropriate level of underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote these accounts.
- Responsible for insuring compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements.
Work with Claim personnel on issues relating to specific claims, and other topics concerning the insurability of prospective risks and continued insurability of current insured's
- Underwriting Quality/Profitability
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Makes field visits to Agent and Broker offices visits to insured's or prospective insured's to better understand risk control assessments relating to risk exposure and control.
- Reviews insurance applications and documentation to determine if the applicant is an acceptable risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
- Recommends appropriate premiums and coverage for risks after complete analysis and consideration of applicant documentation, business factors and competitive situations.
- Prepares written communications on adverse underwriting decisions, proposals, rate appeals, underwriting requirements, status and declinations.
- Updates the underwriting systems with information relative to the underwriting analysis, requirements, status and final decision.
- Carries out responsibilities consistently, dependably and accurately.
- Four year college degree or equivalent.
- Strong technical multi-line underwriting skills; strong knowledge of Property/Casualty and Workers' Compensation business and products.
- Business Acumen - understands Select-s products, financials, objectives and service requirements.
- Analytical, Problem Solving & Decision Making - manages own work; takes responsibility for decisions and actions; quantitative reasoning, critical thinking skills.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - establishes strong relationships and networks within AmTrust and externally.
- Communicates and Effectively Influences Others - strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Transactional Sales Skills; strong negotiation skills. Strong organization and Time Management Skills - Ability to manage multiple tasks; prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced, decision oriented environment.
- Solid Business and Financial Acumen - understands business objectives and responds to related issues; concerns; problems; can act in a decisive manner to achieve financial objectives.
- Ability to assimilate change.
- Automation Platform Skills - Strong automation skills, including: rating systems/platform, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.