AmTrust Financial Services
The workers compensation claims adjuster is responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and settlement or declination of workers compensation insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insures and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process. Specifically, this position will handle workers comp claims for multiple states.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review, process and conclude high exposure liability claims or those limited in exposure but occasionally complex in nature
- Oversee and direct a majority of litigated or potentially litigated claims, directing and controlling the work and expenses of investigative services or attorneys
- Assess coverage and review claims for purposes of investigations, action plans, evaluation, fraud and resolution potential
- Conduct a thorough analysis of liability and damages; continually assess exposure and evaluate for accurate reserves
- Complete quality investigations by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.)
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Maintains appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and controls loss adjustment expenses
- Fulfill state licensing agreements/requirements (if applicable) and apply knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to the insurance industry
- 5+ years of experience preferred
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.