AmTrust Financial Services
The Senior IT Internal Auditor will perform Information Technology based internal audits and SOX compliance in accordance with professional standards to ensure that internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively. This position will have responsibility for reviewing all aspects of Information Technology including infrastructure, application controls, and IT processes. The Senior IT Internal Auditor will provide management with an independent assessment and assurance related to the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of controls.
The Senior IT Auditors primary duties will consist of the following for assigned audits:
- Planning - Performing process walkthroughs to identify the key activities, risks and controls.
- Risk Assessment Applying risk and control concepts to assess control design and developing a test approach of the key controls.
- Operational Effectiveness Testing Testing the effectiveness of the key controls identified.
- Documenting - Compiling clear and concise audit work papers with conclusions that are supported by the work performed.
- Reporting - Discussing and reporting control design deficiencies and controls not operating as designed.
- Issue Tracking - Validating with management in resolution and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Execute application, infrastructure and cybersecurity related audits to evaluate risks/controls around technology processes and systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge around various applications, databases, operating systems, and network controls.
- Work with business internal audit personnel during integrated audits to ensure key risks are adequately addressed.
- Execute annual IT Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance activities.
- Identify control deficiencies and assist SOX compliance management in determining the impact of such exceptions.
- Report the IT SOX results to management and monitor control deficiencies and remediation strategies.
- Maintaining organizational and professional ethical standards and ensuring internal audit activities are carried out or supervised in compliance with the Standards (IIA, ISACA)
- Working under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- 10-20% travel may be required throughout the working year.
- A bachelors degree with a major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field (i.e. Finance/Accounting).
- Ability to compare existing controls to standards including ISO, COBIT, NIST and ITIL.
- Three to six years IT auditing experience; preferably insurance and/or Big 4 background.
- Maintaining or working toward one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CISA, CISSP, CSX, etc.) is desirable.
- Familiarity with GRC audit software/tools (i.e. Thomson Reuters, RSA Archer, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.