AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust considers predictive analytics across a wide spectrum of our organization critical to our future success. We are looking to add a talented, experienced actuary to our team in support of this effort. (S)he will work with data scientists, other actuaries, IT, and other subject matter professionals, including underwriting and claims as the primary actuarial resource for these modeling projects. The person will be involved in planning, development, calibrating, testing, implementation, and monitoring of the models.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with data scientists and actuarial modelers in the design and build/update of the models AmTrust will use.
- Participate in planning of future modeling projects.
- Understand the data used in the models, including strengths and limitations of the sources and fields. Coordinate this information with the line of business actuaries.
- Work with line of business actuaries to obtain the specific parameters to calibrate the models.
- Team with business unit and other subject matter professionals to determine the scope, use, and limitations of the models. Work with modelers to incorporate this knowledge and enhance the models.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design monitoring reports to track the effectiveness of the produced models. Ensure feedback loops are in place to return this knowledge to the modeling team to enhance models. Assist with the interpretation of the feedback. Assist with training the business professionals in utilizing the reports, as needed.
- Work closely with modelers to provide first round testing of models for accuracy, reasonability, and proper behavior from actuarial and business standpoints.
- Participate in selection of model variables and evaluate sensitivities for reasonableness, practicality, and correlations. Participate in evaluation of interim and final diagnostics.
- Review outputs of models for reasonableness and effectiveness, including variables, structures and final models.
- Collaborate with business unit and other subject matter professionals on implementation plans for the models.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- BS, BA in mathematics, actuarial science or a related field. Higher degree is preferred.
- FCAS or experienced ACAS.
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in a commercial property-casualty insurance company.
- 2+ years of experience in predictive modeling is critical.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are a requirement.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and MS Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of R and Python a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation. English required.
- General knowledge of stochastic modeling methods and predictive modeling methods preferred.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.