AmTrust Financial Services
Financial Services, Accounting
AmTrust Financial, a global Fortune 500 insurance holding company is currently recruiting for a Senior Statutory Accountant in Chicago, Illinois. In this role you will be responsible for recording and reviewing daily, monthly and quarterly general ledger entries, prepare quarterly and annual statutory financial statements.Responsibilities
- Record and review underwriting results for premium and losses on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Record and review daily, monthly and quarterly general ledger entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (yellow-book)
- Prepare year end statutory audited financial statements
- Prepare quarterly statutory financial statement analytics.
- Respond to inquiries from state insurance departments and regulatory agencies
- Ensure SOX compliance for accounting functions within the unit
- Assist with Insurance Department State examinations
- Review accounts payable unit functions
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for process improvement
- Bachelors degree is required Accounting is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while producing quality results
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups)
- General ledger software experience required (Oracle Preferred)
- Experience with general ledger report writers
- Annual Statement Package such as Wings
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.