Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Manages to the operational plan for assigned responsibilities within RMO Center of excellence. Works cohesively with Development partners in transforming business specific automation needs into cost-effective robotic process automation solutions through resource/staffing plans, prioritizing work and managing within established budget objectives. Provides the division and business areas management with timely and accurate information regarding the performance of the assigned system(s). Coordinates QA activities for Robotic Process automation space focused on building Center of Excellence and help Lines of Business build centers of practice. He/she will have a track record of leading the quality aspects of large scale releases in a matrixed reporting environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership abilities, SDLC experience, presentation skills, and strong knowledge of Quality Assurance and Kanban practices in addition to tools like Rally, HP ALM. The candidate must embody a continuous improvement mindset and demonstrate meaningful contributions in prior work.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Quality Assurance expert for RMO - Play Quality SME function within Technical and process Competency center.
- Provide Quality oversight/guidance to vendors for COE: Review Test Plans, test strategy, Defect management processes, test conditions etc.
- Work with LOBs in orchestrating Application Test data for testing BOT script code in lower environments.
- Help with lower env setup and maintenance for all processes.
- 'QA point of contact' for new development as well as Prod support work streams.
- Work with Release management and provide inputs on Quality parameters for all processes.
- Lead a matrixed QA team at enterprise level with onsite/offshore model.
- Provide strong leadership to uphold gating, quality and timeliness of dependencies
- Be a strong partner with Business counterparts to ensure Business intent is represented in QA assets
- Be a change agent for quality; drive better quality, not just better testing
- Provide regular status updates to management and follow approved escalation paths
- Develop Test effort estimation, Test Strategies, Test Plans for QA on multiple process automation efforts.
- Review team deliverables for completeness and correctness
- Able to assist with hands-on test execution
- Able to partner with geographically dispersed resources (employee and Globally Sourced Partners)
- Ensure team follows the defined quality process
- Strategize & manage QA Regression and Automation plans for the team.
- Conduct QA reviews and audits
- Coordinate Test Data and Test Environment management
- Coordinate Performance testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Identify, collect, analyze and report on software metrics
- Assist management in interviewing new candidates
- Assist management with QA resource allocations
High School diploma or equivalent required. Three years of Technology or Business Testing work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors Degree in Technology or a related field preferred. Five years of Technology, Business Testing, or QA experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Supports a distinct portfolio of work streams within 'Center of Excellence' for an enterprise group. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Member of Robotic Management office within Operations Technology division of Travelers.
- Set appropriate goals for assigned team and monitor progress against them.
- Maintain engagement with Lines of Business and Development teams on a regular basis and remove obstacles to their success.
- Embrace team values and model the way.
- Serve as a change agent for new techniques and approaches.
- Has thorough working knowledge of all programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned systems are supporting. Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework. Provides oversight to team to ensure they understand the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to issues. Influences and directs staff to follow established best practices.
- Has a master knowledge of Insurance applications and processes..
- Apart from above the individual should have extensive experience in data flow, data mapping and data analysis for QA testing.
- Ability to grasp new technologies and changing trends & apply in day to day work.
- Should be proficient in Quality Center & Automated testing tools, SQL
- Experience with testing Front end complex architectural solutions
- Experience with QlikView
- Adaptable to evaluating specific, home grown tools for potential utilization or optimization
- Familiar with resource management tools, estimation tools & performance tools
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the supported business function. Establishes effective working relationships to help identify issues, provide solutions and establish priorities. Contributes to the creation of an atmosphere where business partner and developments issues are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow the management plan and direct activities to obtain intended results.
- Coaches/guides QA engineers for problem resolution and guidance.
- Escalates significant problems quickly and clearly and carefully makes decisions regarding risks and solutions.
- Understands the impact of changes to the system environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to implement solutions.
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Builds relationships with:
- Peers to achieve objectives.
- Other departments to work as one team.
- Project Management, Resource Management, and Department Managers to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Works effectively with all levels.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Identifies tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years of Front end and/or Data Warehouse QA experience
- 5+ years as a QA lead for large scale applications
- 5+ years of Estimating, Planning , Executing to a Project plan
- 5+ years of experience coordinating with Global teams, including working with onsite/offshore resources
- IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
- INS 21 Certification
- 3+ years of Scaled Agile Framework experience
- 1+ years Relational Database/SQL experience
- 1+ years of Scripting experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE