- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Cottingham & Butler, was built upon driven, ambitious people like yourself. “Better Every Day” is not just a slogan, it is a promise we make to ourselves and our clients.
We are currently adding a Benefits Executive to our Chicago, IL team. This role is responsible for providing high-quality analysis, recommendations, and service to clients and prospects as it relates to the development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of their employee benefit programs. This is an autonomous position and will also act as a mentor to more junior members of the team; therefore, prior experience working with self-funded clients in a similar role is needed.
You're probably wondering why you would want to make the move. Here are some of the reasons:
- Strong leadership - Our leaders are some of the best in the industry and are committed to the development of their team.
- Growing Company - Cottingham & Butler is the 30th largest insurance brokerage firm in the United States and has been continuing to improve and grow each year.
- Innovative Solutions - In-house benefits services available, to include a TPA, case management team, health & wellness division, HR consulting services, and compliance services.
Qualified applicants will be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. This position will deal with our more complex accounts, so prior experience with self-funded accounts is necessary. BA degree also helpful.
Why Cottingham & Butler?
Cottingham & Butler is the 30th largest insurance broker in the U.S. and a recognized leader in offering innovative property & casualty and employee benefit insurance solutions. The company is headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, and employs over 800 employees across the U.S. Cottingham & Butler provides a full suite of risk management and employee benefits services. We believe that our success is a direct result of our culture and the employees that make us the company we are. Our employees:
Believe in personal excellence
- We hire for attitude and character first; experience is a plus, but not required
- We look for individuals with a history of success and an insatiable desire to succeed
Commit to Development
- We expect every employee to become an expert in their area – knowing something isn’t a luxury here, it’s an expectation.
- We don’t believe in boundaries – we believe that individuals if given the opportunity, can achieve at levels they themselves would never have imagined.
Thrive on Challenge
- We head for trouble right away – we know that facing adversity head on makes us better in the long run.
- We believe that to grow you must often “stretch” into a zone of discomfort – we encourage the stretch.
Does this sound like it might be a good fit? We'd love to talk! Don't let this opportunity pass you by without submitting your resume!