Create and maintain dashboards and reports that deliver powerful insights. Our business users depend on the Business Intelligence team for accurate and timely information to help make Tower Hill one of the most successful property insurance companies in Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Designing, creating, and modifying reports and dashboards (using SQL, Tableau, and Pentaho Report Designer) that include tables and visualizations and adhere to established guidelines
- Responsible for reviewing, maintaining, and delivering reports to senior management
- Regularly communicate with business users on the progress of pending projects
- Collaborating with managers and analysts in various departments to define, translate, and make recommendations for enhancements to reports, dashboards, and central reporting database
- Work directly with managers and analysts to assist them with questions related to understanding data and developing self-service skills
- Review team members’ work for quality and accuracy
- Contribute to team discussions
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as needed
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.
- Proven analytical skills
- 1 years’ experience with Microsoft Office (Excel experience weighted higher)
The following are not a requirement but will be strongly considered a plus:
- o 1 years’ experience writing database queries using SQL
- o Basic understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse concepts
- o Prior experience with self-service analytical tools (e.g. Tableau)
- o Prior experience with version control systems (e.g. git with GitHub)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Internet/Intranet software as well as spreadsheet and work processing software, and project management programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.