- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Office Manager is responsible for the development and execution of operating activities to support company policies and business objectives. This includes managing the day to day office operations and supporting the integration of corporate policies and resources. Additionally, the Office Manager serves as the primary administrative support to the SVP-CFO/COO.
- Coordinate and recommend improvement to day to day office operations and procedures
- Respond to inquiries for information from management and staff on policies, processes and HR benefits
- Due to elimination of receptionist position, as a result of technology, cover moderate front desk duties, such as phones (very few calls), security, kitchens, conference rooms and events, providing general support to visitors. Office is in nearby.
- Manage and maintain confidential records concerning personnel related data
- Oversee and track open positions with corporate recruiting division, managing requests and interview process. Coordinate HR and recruiting efforts with local Directors.
- Handle general onboarding and off boarding of employees with HR assistance
- Assist COO in firm-wide communications and employee engagement meetings
- Evaluate solutions to eliminate waste and minimize expenses
- Assist COO with acquisition and integration activities
- Assist COO and division President with strategic planning and activity coordination
- Oversight of internal office committees, ensuring activities are appropriately carried out to enhance staff morale and company culture.
- Assist with workroom supplies, off-site storage and delivery services
- Handle office improvements, closures, openings, consolidations and mergers
- Liaison and contact person with vendors, service providers and landlord
- The Office Manager reports to the SVP-CFO/COO
- Work Crews
- Vendors related to positions scope of responsibility
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- BS/BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5 years of equivalent experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solvingthe individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skillsthe individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communicationthe individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communicationthe individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizingthe individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality controlthe individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptabilitythe individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependabilitythe individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Proficient with MS Power Point
- Experience with Google Suite a plus