Unit Manager, Property Claims II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Unit Manager, Property Claims provides overall oversight on the first party property claims handling process. They direct the handling of the claim and provide insight and direction to the Claim Adjuster. They ensure claims are handled aggressively and appropriately, in accordance with Best Practices as defined by both York and its clients. Unit Managers are expected to manage intake of new claims being assigned to their offices, confirm handling instructions and ensure each loss is reviewed and assigned to an analyst of appropriate skill and experience. Expectations also include making certain all claims are properly reserved, that full and proper investigations have been completed, coverage issues are identified and clients are notified promptly of losses falling outside York's authority. It is also expected the Unit Manager will actively contribute to the overall quality and resolution of claims in their office through consistent use of York's diary system and management tools.
In addition to directing the handling of claims, Unit Managers also participate in client claim reviews, attend sales calls as necessary and contribute to York's Continuous Quality Assurance (CQA) program by conducting monthly audits of open and closed files handled by their reports. Unit Managers also are responsible for initiating corrective action measures if needed, and work with senior management and Human Resources to prepare annual performance evaluations for analysts they supervise.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical Claim Skills
- Coverage knowledge
- Knowledge of legal concepts
- Performance and objective setting skills
- Communication skills
- This position reports to the Assistant Vice President
- Property Claims Analyst
- Claims Support
- Directs and plans the work of staff members and has direct involvement with and/or responsibility for the hiring, coaching, developing, training, appraising and disciplinary processes for subordinates
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5 to 8 years
- Decision making
- Claim handling principles, including legal concepts
- Knowledge of damages, including property damage
- Performance management
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING:
Decisions routinely made include:
- Claim file reviews, including claim audits
- Performance evaluation
- The position does require the incumbent to make informed decisions related to their daily responsibilities.
- No formal responsibility for setting policy associated with the jobs purpose.