Lead New Product Designer - Allstate Innovation
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
The Lead New Product Designer plays a crucial role in developing the user experience and design for new products and businesses around emerging technologies (e.g. big data, digital, Internet of Things). This person drives design insight, action, and impact on high profile opportunities through creative problem solving, translation of ambiguous ideas into compelling design concepts, and deep understanding of consumer needs.
- Contribute to design, rapid testing/prototyping, and market launch efforts for new products and features
- Translate ambiguous directives into creative, polished, compelling design for new applications
- Assess potential outcomes for new products and features using structured, hypothesis-driven approach, while maintaining speed and agility
- Compile, organize, analyze, and synthesize inputs from varied sources to inform design concepts
- Manage design research and analysis, drawing actionable conclusions based on end user interactions
- Collaborate effectively as a team player, facilitating positive energy/engagement
- Pivot as needed to different workstreams; able to add value with limited knowledge on a topic
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.s largest companies and most respected brands
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in UX design/architecture, product development, and innovation.
- Ability to empathize with end-users and understand how their needs impact product design
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage design projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent communication skills including storytelling, writing, and presentation
- Ability to gather and analyze evidence to support claims as they relate to design concepts and research
- Strong willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Collaborates effectively across organizations with a warm, engaging style
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, startup-like environment
- Bachelors degree preferred
Learn more about the team: https://www.allstate.jobs/2017/09/12/innovation-at-allstate/
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.