Territory Sales Consultant-Associate Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent opportunity available in Upstate New York. The primary objective of the Territory Sales Consultant (TSC) is to generate profitable growth and increased market share within the independent agencies under contract with Allstate. The TSC executes tactics and processes to achieve the territory's business plan. The job is accomplished through the consistent use of professional business planning, consulting skills, and agent education/training.
Your ability to work with Independent Agents and use your networking skills to drive business results would be well utilized in this exciting opportunity. This is a field based position.
- Generate profitable growth and revenue improvement in agencies through professional consultative and selling skills and use of available consulting tools
- Develops an annual market plan to maximize profitable premium growth in both new and renewal property/casualty business for the territory and specifically for agencies
- Seeks profitable growth through rollovers within existing and newly appointed independent agencies
- Effectively communicates available monetary and recognition incentives to maximize agency participation
- Achieves Allstate territory goals for profitable growth per Company directives
- Manages the annual agent contract process. Resolves agent issues related to contract changes, enhancements or revisions
- Obtains solid agent commitments to position Allstate as their personal lines company of choice
- Builds and maintains open, honest and strong relationships with the Allstate Independent Agencies to foster strong business partnership and results
- Builds and leverages relationships across functional areas within Allstate to support agencies in the achievement of regional business objectives
- Builds and maintains relationships within the industry to expand the Allstate Independent footprint through referrals and personal networking
- Proactively represents Allstate within the Independent Agency system as a flagship carrier seeking profitable growth with successful Agencies
- Proactively assists regional management in identifying markets for agency expansion
- Understands and utilizes company agency deployment tools
- Recruits and appoints Independent Agencies within the territory following agreed upon strategies
- Minimum 5 years combined distribution experience in Property & Casualty
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions.
- Experience in field distribution leadership and Property & Casualty
- Working knowledge of all Independent Agency brand products and processes, to include P&C
- Knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, etc.)
- P&C and Life and Health licenses as appropriate for the state
- Industry certifications (preferred)
- Travel for business needs may include overnight
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.