Meeting and Events Coordinator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Meetings, Awards, and Promotions (MAPS) team within the regional Sales Support Department is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all process outputs related to the design, development, maintenance, negotiation, and execution of meetings, awards, and promotions.
Consults with team members and/or management at an entry level to assist in the design, development, maintenance, negotiation, and analysis of Meetings, Awards, and Promotions (MAPS) processes. This person has a basic understanding of the data, information, terminology, and technology used to extract, analyze and communicate data.
- Consults with team members and/or management to develop:
- Assists team members with:
- All meeting standards and processes
- Regional promotions standards and processes
- Regional / corporate awards standards and processes
- Tracking of expenses and budgets
- With direction, participates and contributes to meetings, awards, and promotions that are up to moderate complexity and are small to moderate in scope using acceptable standards
- Completes tasks as assigned
- Communicates and presents work status to team members and/or management
- Actively builds strong relationships among team members to ensure cooperation on assigned work
- Understands the fundamentals of reporting systems or applications used by a department/discipline
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- General knowledge and understanding of sales specific awards and recognition programs
- The ability to solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
- 1+ years experience planning and coordinating corporate events
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate to strong negotiation skills
- Moderate level of computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and C-Vent
- Strong planning and organizational skills, which include great attention to detail
- Has some financial planning and budget skills
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to learn Allstates objectives, principles, theories, and concepts within assigned business area
- Ability to take direction from management
- Can solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity, while following established policies and procedures
- Is patient, competent, and professional with customers; solves customer problems with speed and accuracy, with guidance from supervisor
- Builds relationships with supervisors, team members, vendors, sales leaders, and agencies
- Overnight and weekend travel required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.