BI Analyst I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Business System Analyst I is responsible for the business intelligence requirements process, documents the requirements, coordinates deliverables from the BI resources, contributes to the technical design, deliverable of technical requirement documents, performs quality control and facilitates user acceptance testing for all BI deliverables. Responsible for data analytical and profiling functions. The Business System Analyst I is the liaison between the business and the IT resources. The incumbent gains working knowledge of related source data systems and tool sets. On smaller projects, the analyst coordinates the various resources, tasks and timing, and handles direct communication to end users. This position may also be responsible for project intake management responsibilities such as project prioritization within the development teams, release/sprint allocations; and communication to business users, sponsors, and management. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Assist in the requirements process for projects in feasibility stage. (75%)
- Interviews end-users to determine the need for data, reporting, analysis, training, service levels, and data quality.
- Performs analysis of the required data from the source systems and identify business rules that will be applied during the ETL.
- Perform data profiling and analytical functions and tasks using Microsoft SQL Server. Provide recommendations to business users and developers based on findings
- Documents the business requirements using standard templates and tools.
- Create technical documentation based on business requirements for development team
- Coordinates prototype or proof of concept reviews.
- Executes the business requirements review and secures approval from the business leads and the BI Managers.
- Act as a liaison between business users and development teams.
- Follow standard intake and development process (Scrum Agile)
- Develops, tests, documents, and implements ad-hoc and project based solutions with guidance from project managers, senior staff members, and management.
- The smaller projects, the BIA is responsible for following the standard Assurant project methodology and ensuring completion of all required documentation while coordinates the tasks and activities for the project team.
- For large projects with an assigned project manager, the BIA is responsible for gathering the complete set of tasks and estimates from the technical resources in cooperation with the assigned project manager.
- Loads all completed documentation to the project/document repository.
- Ability to work hand in hand with the development team to draft the development schedule with limited supervision.
- Accountable for clear and concise communication of the business requirements to the development team.
- Coordinates execution of the test strategy in every project each project.
- Develops and executes the unit test scripts prior to transferring the deliverables to the end users for acceptance testing (UAT).
- Performs root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results.
- Coordinates the UAT and ensure users have the data and objects needed in the model environment to perform the tests.
- Ensures work product aligns with customer requirements.
- Reviews and approves all related change controls in order for the development/deliverable to be migrated from the development to the model (test) environment, and from the model environment to production.
- Contributes to the revision of the SLA document for each project/business assigned based on the agreed upon frequency with the business.
- Follows up with the Production Support Lead and team to ensure SBI is able to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Participate in knowledge transfer for project implementations to the production support team
- 2 years Sql Server experience
- 2 years gathering experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field (Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. Pivot tables etc.)
- Helpful to have experience with any of the following: MS Reporting Services, MS Sharepoint Server, TFS and other BI tools
- Understanding of data-warehousing concepts
- MS Reporting
- Agile Scrum