AmTrust Financial Services
This position supports multiple Commercial Lines Underwriters.
The Sr. Underwriting Assistant will be tasked with a territory and will handle all customer service and review of upcoming renewals in the assigned territory. Works with our agent base and sales staff.Responsibilities
- Reviews policies for renewal consideration
- Reviews reports from loss control consultants and other information to determine if application is acceptable for the program(s) available
- Evaluate the experience of a risk against the class of business under review
- Evaluate the loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency
- May rate policies or check previously rated policies for proper rating
- Utilizes knowledge of automated systems to develop information for new or renewal policies
- Prepares quotations for agents and answers questions from agents, policyholder, or prospects
- Assists agents with comments or questions about applications and the likelihood of acceptance by the company
- Reviews requests for cancellation, endorsements, etc.
- Request additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application, endorsement or cancellation
- Reviews, researches and responds to inquiries from regulatory bodies
- Experience supporting Property, GL, Inland Marine, Auto and Umbrella lines of Commercial Underwriting.
- Experience in standard underwriting practices and procedures
- High school degree or GED; College degree preferred
- Knowledge of departmental regulations and policies
- Excellent business sense and judgment;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate, think outside the box and make sound decisions to resolve complex matters;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow up in a timely manner;
- An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- An ability to work well as part of a team
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.