- Career Level
- Not Specified
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) provides quality private passenger automobile insurance to our valued customers. We are an Illinois domiciled property and casualty insurance company regulated by the State of Illinois Department of Insurance. We began operations in 2000 and provide private passenger automobile and physical damage insurance coverage in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada and Texas.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented Associate Attorney to join our team. The right candidate would have experience with large caseloads (preferably in-house counsel experience) and independent handing of cases from beginning stages through trial and resolution. This is a great position for someone who understands how to negotiate and resolve cases, can get in the courtroom and try a case as needed, can work hard and putting in the hours needed to properly defend a case, and wants to work in a fast-paced small office environment.
The attorney can expect to litigate and try several cases to verdict each year. Caseload for the attorney will be around 80 active files at any given time. The right candidate for the open position would be able to take on that case load, manage the discovery process, adapt to the office environment smoothly, and stay calm under pressure. Understanding settlement procedures and assessing cases ripe for settlement is key to managing the workload.
- Manage their own caseload
- Work independently with minimal assistance
- Communicate with clients, claim reps, opposing counsel, office staff, and vendors regularly to facilitate the process of moving cases toward resolution
- Follow office protocol, directions, and procedures
- Adhere to and understand Nevada rules
- Try cases to verdict and be able to resolve them thereafter
- Being physically present in the legal office at minimum 8:30 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- A minimum of 5 years of automobile/personal injury litigation experience
- Trial experience must have experience trying cases to verdict
- Knowledge of applicable Nevada Law and procedures
- Strong negotiation and settlement skills
- Nevada Bar license in good standing and in excess of 5 years in practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Technologically capable must be able to type/draft documents, use word, use a facsimile machine, use a case management system, look up cases and do research on the internet, etc.
- Familiarity with Abacus case management systems or other case management systems is a plus, but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred but not required
Benefits available for Full Time Employees:
- Bonus Eligible
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance
Applications should either have the qualifications including bar number listed on their resume or should submit a cover letter with all applications detailing how they meet the qualifications, how long they have been in practice, and listing all jury trials and the results of the same. Additionally, a writing sample (10 pages or less) and references are required.
Our goals are simple and straightforward: deliver consistent underwriting results while steadily growing to ensure financial stability for our customers, employees and shareholders.
We will accomplish the above by the following:
- Focus on our specialty minimum limits auto insurance lines in markets where we can achieve sustainable scale to deliver those results.
- Utilize all of our tools and relationships to generate key market insight, develop products that deliver value, and make our partners more successful.
- Encourage a culture of innovation through experimentation and development of technology and continuous improvement of our operations.
- Lead through our values to build upon our reputation and our track record to become a destination for talent, a partner of choice in the industry, and a trusted advisor for our customers.
We operate within the follow value system:
- Service: Going the extra mile for our teams and customers no matter the obstacles.
- Teamwork: Bringing out the best in each other and knowing how our role impacts others.
- Respect: Walking in each other's shoes to appreciate their perspective.
- Integrity: Delivering on our promises without shortcuts.
- Vision: Seeing a better future through innovation.
- Excellence: Knowing that good enough is not enough.
Our executives firmly believe that our growth and progress would not be possible without the efforts of our dedicated management and staff.