Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. The SDET will also work closely with Software Developers and other QA engineers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. The SDET works as a liaison with other departments (such as Finance, Underwriting or Claims). The SDET also assists in training the user community on changes to applications developed by the ITS Department.
Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms
Estimate test efforts
- Analyze and communicate test results
- Perform defect tracking
- Participate in day-to-day QA activities
- Enhance and extend the automation library and framework
- Provide guidance leadership for performance and scalability testing efforts
- Develop testing tools for as required
- Coordinates System Test Cycles. Ensures quality and user-friendly applications through thorough unit-regression and systems testing procedures.
- Tests computer programs and systems. Verifies that system is operating correctly and achieves the desired results. Ensures that systems, applications and programs adhere to the specifications and meet business needs.
- Coordinate the evaluation and validation of potential solutions to end user requests. Investigate programs and systems to be created or changed, analyzing inputs and outputs. Works with end-users and ITS Department personnel to identify errors and omissions and to reporting them to the application vendor or developer.
- Develop and perform whitebox, "greybox and Automation testing, as needed, for the program.
- Document, track, and communicate project testing risks, test results, status, defect analysis and unresolved problems for multiple projects and provide recommendations for improvements to the development team.
- Communicate with fellow team members and technology leadership and users as to the findings, status, and projected completion date of project. Log problems encountered, progress made, and important project milestones throughout the course of the quality assurance cycle.
- Maintain data files, test scripts, other system-specific processes necessary to perform effective, and accurate quality assurance testing. Provide guidance to Business Analysts, Technical Writers and/or others as required for completing training documents in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter expert on QA processes; provides guidance and training to fellow QA team members on Automation Testing and Process improvement.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in test automation
- Minimum 8 years of total experience in testing (manual, automated, combination)
- Experienced with Agile and Waterfall software development approaches
- Expertise with relational Database query language (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with GUI and command line development tools and techniques.
Desired additional experience and knowledge
- Familiarization of insurance industry terminology and laws desirable
- A working knowledge of customer requirements, various company products, purpose and the users level of understanding.
- SQL or Oracle relational databases, client/server technologies, web development, business applications, some programming experience and familiarity with object-oriented languages.
Education and Experience
- 4 years of quality assurance testing in a professional environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science.
Additional 2+ years of experience in quality assurance testing in lieu of Bachelors with some education/training in a related field.
- Experience with QTP, Selenium and/or other standard testing automation tools preferred.
- Experience with P&C insurance in a business and/or technical context strongly preferred.
- Experience with HTML, HTML authoring tools, and XML.
- Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise distributed systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required
- Demonstrated skill using code repositories, TFS, Git, SVN
- Expertise in developing and managing Selenium test suites
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches and automation
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools
- Passion for creating and executing test plans
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with development team
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H