Business Systems Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Provides strategic direction and functional leadership for technological solutions required by the Insurance Operations organization, including policy administration, billing, sales and customer portal solutions. Provides business leadership for technological initiatives, working with program managers and their teams throughout the development and delivery process, including implementation, maintenance, customer service, end-user systems training and quality control. Helps to ensure data integrity, processing capabilities, and consistency in approach to support achievement of departmental and company business plan objectives.
The Business Systems Manager is a working supervisor who is responsible for estimating, planning and supervising the resources assigned to projects within his/her program. This is a critical position that requires effective planning, teamwork and collaboration and experienced managerial skills to develop and implement cost effective solutions to meet business needs and requirements. It also requires exceptional personnel leadership and motivational skills.
This position supervises the overall business portfolio and prioritization process. Has formal leadership responsibilities for Product Business Analysts within the Business Systems organization. Accountable for a defined budget.
- Provides strategic leadership for automation strategies for Insurance Operations system development and implementation. Communicates, advocates and evangelizes the strategic direction to both internal and external customers.
- Provides business leadership for technology initiatives and related project management activities; anticipates implementation obstacles and develops strategies to overcome collaboratively with technology leadership.
- Defines initiative success criteria, both quantitative
and quantitative, from a business value delivered perspective.
- Plans, develops and organizes feedback mechanisms to assure quality control and systems ability to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Counsels and advises Insurance Operations staff, external customers and vendors on systems capabilities and business benefits.
- Leads bidirectional inter- and intra-departmental communication related to system needs, benefits and delivery schedule.
- Selects, develops, motivates and otherwise leads a high-performing and effective Insurance Operations Business Systems organization, at both the team and individual level.
- Improves processes throughout the organization to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal and external customers through Insurance Operations and its technology.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
BS degree in Business, Computer science or related field, or its equivalent and continuing education related to the job
7 to 10 years of related work experience in commercial lines underwriting systems, to include systems project management, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
Thorough knowledge of all functions performed by Insurance Operations staff, including underwriting, rating, agency automation, sales, billing and customer service activities
Proven ability to assemble, mentor and grow cross-functional teams
Strong English communication skills through written and verbal communication, with technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and customers
Ability to promote and foster teamwork and a collaborative work-environment
Ability to mentor and develop staff
Strong problem solving and problem identification skills to Identify and mitigate obstacles and conflicts in advance
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H