Benefits Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Benefits Administration provides support and services for employers, brokers and regional offices for processes related to billing, payments, and account management.
The Analyst II will research, analyze, resolve and respond to customer inquiries; provide support in the development and maintenance of business processes for customers to achieve desired business results. Manage suspense accounts and provide training and support for team members.
- Resolving policy discrepancies; preparing and communicating reconciliation reports to employers
- Building and maintaining relationships with employers, brokers and regional offices, with a focus on employer groups over $250,000
- Provide training and support for team members
- Research, analyze and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written, including reallocation of premiums and refund checks
- Managing suspense account entries using established standards
- Provide suggestions for innovation and process improvement
- Document and execute complex processes with minimal supervision
- Manage projects and deliver accurate results
- Assign discrepancies and outstanding suspense to team members; track progress and report results
- Escalate issues as appropriate
- Function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- College degree or equivalent experience in office environment, preferably insurance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Advanced level of understanding of Benefit Administrations business area processes
- Utilize multiple systems to obtain data for research
- Demonstrate innovation and process improvement skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.