Senior Product Designer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The mission of Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) is to enable all consumers to love your digital life through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life while expanding Allstates reach into new markets. Efforts are underway to develop our first product for market launch, and stand up a new business.
Allstate Digital Ventures is looking to assemble a team that can help grow and scale this business, consisting of high-flying people who are strategic, creative and results-minded. Our team consists of a diverse mix of professionals with expertise in design, technology, business, marketing, operations, and strategy.
As we continue to grow our design and research team, we are looking for a Senior Innovation Product Designer, someone who can help us take our new non-insurance direct-to-consumer product to new levels of sophistication. In addition, this candidate will help the Allstate Digital Ventures team formalize our approach to design via proprietary process, methods, and assets.
- You are a skilled, self-motivated Senior Innovation Product Designer with 7 or more years of experience, some of them in creating and launching new business offerings.
- As a seasoned innovation product designer, your major will be UX but your minors include two or more of the following: UI/visual design user research, product management, front-end development, prototyping.
- You have a solid portfolio: your previous work includes high-quality UX digital work (Android and iOS apps, specifically) that has been shipped. It also shows your thinking process by means of journey maps, user flows, system flows, user stories, wireframes, and prototypes.
- You have been in the trenches: you have worked with development to launch, measure, and iterate your design with users and in market to get to something truly great. In other words, you know your way around agile and lean start-methodologies.
- You know that great UX sits at the intersection of users and business: you are skilled at understanding constraints and trade-offs across business, product, technology, and user demands and deliver a superb user experience.
- You are a data-driven designer: your beliefs are strong you can come to the table with clear point of view but loosely held what you think shifts in light of new data. If this sounds like you, we have a top-notch user research capability that we think you will enjoy.
- You are a systems thinker and understand how a good experience comes from consistency and simplicity. You may even have developed a UI pattern library
- You have a growth mind-set: you are mature, curious, resilient, and can take the long view. You know, from experience, how to tough is to get to something great.
- You are a student: you are in the know about whats going in the world of UX and wants to bring that knowledge to the team.
- You are a teacher: you enjoy mentoring more junior designers and as well as showing the value of good design to other stakeholders.
If you fit the profile above, the team looks forward to meeting you. This is what we offer.
- The best of both worlds: a nimble start-up backed by the resources of a Fortune 100.
- An organization that is investing heavily in innovation and sees design as a core make-or-break capability.
- The chance to work on launching a category-changing product while building new-to-Allstate, new-to-the-world technologies and capabilities.
- A rare opportunity to use design to make consumers engage with a challenging but very current topic and set of related technologies.
- A collegial, team-oriented culture where your voice is heard and your opinion sought.
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth we take this very seriously!
- Frequent exposure to interesting startups.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits, snacks, cool workspace, and nice people to work with.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.