Encompass-Regional Sales Director
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Supports the growth and success of the Regional distribution channel and its new or existing independent agencies. Results achieved through effective agency consultations, acquisitions and retention process adoption, business planning and deployment/staffing strategies. Uses a consultative approach to influence and coach independent agency owner behaviors, activities and business processes.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) has direct supervisory/development responsibility for all sales leadership resources within a region and is the individual accountable for achievement of its sales production and staffing/appointment plans.
This job requires strong business knowledge and leadership skills with a proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the sales organization and across other business functions. To meet these responsibilities, the RSD, with input from the Encompass Sales Vice President and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), establishes the regional strategic business priorities and goals, effectively directs regional sales and sales support activities, and is responsible for the recruitment and development of producers and sales leadership. Strong competitor knowledge including but not limited to the use of comparative raters, AMS systems, automated re-quote processes, and industry benchmarking (e.g. Big I & Trusted Choice) are needed to successfully deliver results and support the achievement of Encompass strategic priorities.
The Regional Sales Director is field based, is expected to lead one or more Regional Sales Managers and other staff and reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Frequent and regular travel within assigned sales region and more broadly is expected
- Leads all sales-related activity within the region
- Has responsibility for generating profitable growth and for achieving the regional annual sales production and appointment plans
- Has responsibility for meeting expense plans for all sales and sales support functions as well as managing concentration risk within the region
- Implements product strategies and supporting education to enable the region to achieve and sustain the regional business plan objectives
- Works with senior sales leaders and cross-functional business partners to translate strategic business plans into clear objectives, tactics, and specific action plans to achieve goals
- Oversees the regions agency business objectives (managed by the Regional Sales Managers (RSM)); ensures successful integration between the strategic deployment leader, RSMs, TSCs, Inside Sales, HR Business Partner, and Home Office Agency Sales
- Establishes, monitors and manages the independent agent recruiting plans and activities to achieve the appointment plans
- Lead the deployment of new agency locations based on regional deployment opportunities to achieve appointment targets; takes into account strategic decisions around alternative distribution and key accounts activities
- Integrates with and supports leadership of the Sales Support Department and Field Sales Organization leaders
- Directs the deployment of resources and distribution points to maximize areas of opportunity in the region
- Oversees and manages the communication of sales data and other key information to ensure that all field sales leaders and producers are well educated, motivated, and supported in a timely manner
- Communicates key strategies and initiatives to all sales channels and regional leadership to influence decision making and business results
- Participates as a leader on the regional Operating Committee and state Northstar committee
- Champions new ideas and initiatives; identifies and actualizes new business opportunities; fosters innovation and calculated risk-taking
- Enables RSMs to implement sales, marketing and education strategies and tactics to maximize business results
- Develops new and improves or maintains relationships with key agencies; leads problem identification and resolution efforts where needed and/or appropriate
- Provides insight to develop effective countrywide sales programs (e.g. field sales leader bonus and agency incentive programs)
- Leverages data, reports and tools to make fact-based decisions in support of region
- Ensures compliance with state, Encompass and/or Allstate rules, regulations, programs and guidelines
- Manages performance, compensation, development and all other aspects of talent manager for direct reports in collaboration with their immediate leader and home office sales leadership
- Provides frequent and ongoing performance feedback and coaching to guide and develop RSMs and their team of TSCs in order to achieve business results and develop future leaders
- Develops and implements education and development plans for the regions sales leaders and staff.
- Fosters an environment that encourages continuous growth and professional development for self and all direct reports
- Works with other senior leaders to develop succession plans and mentoring programs
- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
Experience and Knowledge
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 10 years of industry experience with a strong distribution and sales leadership and management background preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Independent Agency channel, including industry competitors, major brokers and national industry associations
- Experience in home office, regional office and field sales leadership preferred
- Strong, proven interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to effectively interact with and influence agencies and associates at all levels across the internal Encompass and Allstate organizations
- Displays deep understanding of all sales related functions
- Strong sales leadership experience, knowledge, and skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Possesses general P&C product knowledge
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to analyze financial data and assess market conditions, trends and indicators
- Displays knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
- Experience using Encompass technology and Microsoft Office products, Comparative Rater, AMS systems, a variety of prospecting and quoting and re-quoting systems and to conduct business from a remote location
- Superior interpersonal skills can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust, treats producers in a manner consistent with their respective agreements with the Company
- Strong communication skills - includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management
- Fosters a collaborative working relationship with Sales and other areas of responsibility/centers of expertise in Home Office
- Problem solving uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Development - fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports
- Planning and organizational skills - can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals
- Ability to accommodate overnight travel
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- Industry certifications (preferred)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.