Claims Vendor Manager - Homeowners
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for leading the planning and implementation of strategic initiatives to manage and oversee third party claim vendors and ensure optimal efficiency and performance. This includes establishment of goals, deliverables, project plans, service level requirements, metrics, tasks and resource requirements. Responsible for managing the communications between the affiliated division, key stakeholders and 3rd party relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Coordinate internal resources, third party relationships and vendors for the successful execution of claims initiatives
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget which includes managing design, review checkpoints and signoffs
- Develop standardized service level expectations, best practices and methods to ensure compliance with Company business needs
- Ensure resource availability and quality within third party vendor operations
- Monitor performance which includes the use of verification techniques, communication mechanisms and tracking techniques to manage changes, identify issues and reduce costs; report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with vendors and all internal stakeholder to include feedback, transparency and communication
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, to ensure qualifications of vendors are met and sustained.
- Gather and analyze data with assistance and act as content expert for requirements gathering response teams
- Ensure that all project and testing initiatives are cost effective.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 10+ years experience with Homeowner Claims handling and/or management.
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following areas: project management, analyst, business analysis, vendor management, audit, project administrator and/or insurance management
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills
- Possess effective verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
- Speak to, listen and present information to groups of people with ease
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and empathize with others
- Possess solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines, multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Obtains and maintain appropriate licensing, professional designations and/or educational requirements
- Familiarity with full range of vendor services available in the market to improve Homeowner Claim Handling (e.g., estimating services, building consulting, contents pricing, material and restoration services)
- 2+ years of insurance experience in one of the following areas: claims center, technology, claims handling process, claims systems, testing experience and/or vendor interfaces
- Possess knowledge of claim system capabilities and interfaces
- Possess prior experience in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Project and Access
- Possess prior experience in business requirement development and process development
- Possess a thorough understanding of the NGIC brand and ability to exhibit behaviors associated with it
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.