Preferred Inside Business Development Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Solicit new business from agents and maintain current business levels by meeting territory volume and profit objectives, while maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance, potential agents, current agents, and internal customers. This position will focus on the National General Preferred and Premier Home and Auto product lines and associated independent agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Under limited direction and periodic auditing, meet territory volume and profit objectives
- Manage relationships with assigned agencies to exceed the agreed upon new business production goals and key performance indicators.
- Meet assigned goals for outgoing sales calls which is defined as sharing a feature/benefits with the receiving party.
- Grow producing agencies
- Propose and execute agency level business plans including growth initiatives for top 10 agency opportunities in the assigned territory
- Generate year-over-year growth within assigned agencies
- Generating same day quotes
- Become familiar and drive sales within multiple product lines including but not limited to: Middle Market and Mass Affluent Personal Auto, Homeowners, and Packaged.
- Decrease the percentage of non-producing agents within the assigned agency group
- Review agent production metrics to identify suggest areas for growth or areas for improvements
- Uncover and communicate key competitive information to agencies, Product Managers, Regional VPs, Regional Sales Managers and colleagues with detailed documentation of relevant information
- Solicit prospects and evaluate their potential to write quality business
- Take proactive role in front-end underwriting and perform agency rehabilitation and termination where necessary to achieve profitability
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 1+ years of sales experience
- Ability to evaluate agencies for new business potential
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in a group or individual setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals of all personality types
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Valid U.S. State-issued drivers license required
- Bachelors Degree in combination with Property & Casualty industry certification
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Previous experience in Middle Market and Mass Affluent Property & Casualty sales
- Solid understanding of the Property & Casualty industry and organizational relationships within the company
- Highly proficient Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Works independently with little supervision
- Proficiency in all sales related reports with the ability to see the picture and take appropriate actions
- Ability to demonstrate best practices and provide constructional feedback to all levels within the organization
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-