Network Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Network Analyst I is responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance for enterprise voice and data communications for 7,000+ users across the United States and abroad. This team manages LAN/WAN configurations including wireless networks, firewall security and load balancing activities ensuring that the organization maintains dependable and secure network communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, manages, programs and controls data communications systems for all locations on a corporate level. Includes serving as technical consultant to end-users and less experienced personnel
- Maintains 7x24x365 support coverage. This includes monitoring and directing resolution of outages, issues and maintenance of all telecommunications systems
- Monitors system utilization and resource availability and recommends changes to the technical environment when appropriate
- Investigates and provides root cause analysis for network interruptions and outages and provides mitigation plans to prevent recurrences
- Works with vendors to ensure availability and stability of all data communication services
- Participates in the management and execution of projects in the data communications environment. Larger projects may be assigned a specific project manager
- Mentors junior resources in the data communications job family
- Works closely with resources in the voice communications group to ensure that the network provides an appropriate level of performance to prevent voice quality degradation and interruption
- Maintain technical documentation that depicts the technical infrastructure
- Establish effective communication with internal customers and stakeholders
- Works with internal and external resources to assure optimal performance, reliability, and scalability of Data and Voice communications systems
- Works on supporting systems, such as network, firewalls, load balancers, and VoIP environment
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Four or more years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of data communications systems including routing, switching, local and global load balancing, web proxy and content filtering as well as network quality of service
- Strong knowledge of data communications network security design and administration of firewall rules, intrusion detection and prevention, data loss prevention and protection
- Strong analytical skills in order to design and provide cost-effective solutions to support business initiatives and project requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to provide clear and detailed explanations of network issues and their resolutions, along with remediation plans with all levels of management
- The ability to work with business representatives to develop detailed requirements and project plans supporting new initiatives
- Experience with network monitoring platforms such as HP Openview, Solarwinds, and Cisco Prime.
- Experience with network communications platforms such as Cisco Catalyst, ASA, ASR and ISR routers, Checkpoint, F5, etc.
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony and other convergence technologies as related to voice and data communications.
- Ability to monitor system utilization and resource availability and recommend changes to the technical environment when appropriate
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- In depth knowledge of various Cisco data communications platforms including multiple routing and switching platforms utilized in our environment
- In depth knowledge of wide area network platforms including MPLS, VPLS, as well as various point to point circuits
- Experience in large distributed wide area network environments
- Experience with mid to large size data center implementations
- A high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products to include Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- CompTIA Network +, Security+, Cisco CCNA, CCNP or similar certifications a strong plus
- Project Management experience to include PMI based certifications (PMP or APMP) a strong plus
- Experience in a regulated industry such as insurance or financial services a strong plus
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.