IT Security Analyst III
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Security Analyst III is a senior role on the team responsible for the daily monitoring and analysis of information collected from the companys information security systems and tools in order to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources and assets. This team seeks out weaknesses of the company's infrastructure by analyzing data and recommending solutions to remove, reduce, or mitigate risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Leads team of Security Analysts providing guidance and inspiration to perform at maximum efficiency
- Security Technology Management
- Assists Security Administrators with the implementation and tuning of policies for systems such as IDS/IPS, SIEM and DLP
- Works with Security Architects in determining the proper systems and tools to protect company resources
- Incident Management
- Reviews security event logs and alerts from security systems and tools such as firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM and DLP
- Analyzes, documents and escalates security incidents per policy
- Conducts examinations of computers, system logs, applications and network security events
- Vulnerability Management
- Performs vulnerability assessments and recommends remediation actions
- Maintains knowledge of current security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques
- Risk Management
- Performs risk analyses and security assessments
- Identifies new threats and evaluates mitigation actions
- Maintains knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, SOX, ISO27001 and NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks
- Participates in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing
- Provides reporting for trending and key performance indicators related to the information security program
- Participates in the development and maintenance of security awareness training
- Assists with the development of corporate security policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6+ years of experience as a Security Analyst
- B. S. in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, SOX, ISO27000 and NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks
- Experience managing IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
- DLP, anti-virus and anti-malware
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Network protocols and packet analysis tools
- Demonstrated detailed oriented self-starter and the ability to work independently with limited supervision and limited direction, and in collaborative team environments
- A strong ability to multi-task and manage varying priorities and projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security risk and compliance related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to provide support after normal business hours as needed
List any desired skills or competencies needed to perform the Essential Responsibilities of the job. Please use numbers to separate each distinct desired skill.
- Tripwire Enterprise, Tripwire IP360, Nessus, BeyondTrust Retina, Qradar, Trustwave TrustKeeper, Proofpoint, McAfee ePO/HBSS
- Security+, CompTIA, CCNA, CCNA Security, ENSA, CEH, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ECSA, GSEC/GCIH/GCIA GIAC certifications
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.