Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
You have passion to deliver relevant, highly engaging and thoughtful experiences to valued customers, employees, and agents at a critical moment of truth. You understand the importance of solving needs of people in an emotional situation who appreciate assurance and desire empowerment to navigate through an unfamiliar customer journey. You're most comfortable working side by side with small teams of business subject matter experts, user experience designers, technology engineers and business partners, making decisions together with a focus on quickly bringing business valued solutions through digital ecosystems to claim consumers and businesses... you're agile and retrospective, not afraid to identify where we need to improve and take action to fix it. You recognize what we're doing right so we can share those learnings to improve... above all, you measure your success by the success of your team and the positive thoughtful impact on our customers and claim professionals.
Your Team is a small agile group charged with bringing our digital business strategies to life by enabling experiences that are as engaging, delightful, and intuitive as our customers and employees expect them to be. 'Business strategies,' refers to our future state vision to achieve optimal claim outcomes supported by thoughtful digital experiences that empower our customers claim experience and enrich our employees to do their best work.
Your Day will provide the freedom to be open-minded, creative, and self-aware. You will also have the opportunity to be collaborative and communicative among other product owners, user experience designers, business subject matter experts, and software engineers in an environment that will constantly challenge you to balance the highest valued features with the optimal time to market in order to achieve the desired business outcomes. You are committed to continuous learning, challenging assumptions and delivering solutions while having the autonomy to try out new processes. In the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don't work.
A role that you only imagined? It's here and can lead to an amazing future.
This role is the business leader of one or more Agile teams and is accountable for specific business technology solutions and implementation into the business environment. This role manages projects and products that are moderately complex in nature. This role does not directly manage staff.
Under general supervision:
- Ensures business objectives are met and value delivered through successful execution of the project/program.
- Develops and provides the enterprise and Claim-wide viewpoint to the Program.
- Independently performs a variety of duties, including potentially complex duties within established policy guidelines.
- Responsible for a defined set of assignments (e.g. assigned customers, claims or other specified set of responsibilities)
- Sets priorities and meets specific goals and objectives of the function or unit.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our 'Right Touch' strategies and business model transformation are key inputs to our Digital Claim Agile Train. We have an exciting leadership openings on the program team for a Product Owner. Our Product Owners are deeply invested in the business vision and customer user experience and ensure that strategic priorities are realized through successful delivery by the Release Train.
Our Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team responsible for organizing features and breaking them down to defined Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside their specific team, including working with Product Manager and Portfolio Management. Product owners work with Product Manager on a daily basis, who are responsible for the entire Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
The Product Owner will provide direction to team members and coaching/mentoring to less experienced team members. The PO operates under general/minimal supervision and manages one or more Business Analysts, and through a matrixed relationship, is responsible for leading an Agile team bringing software solutions to market.
- Collaborates in the development of division, program or project roadmaps that effectively deliver business capabilities.
- Understands long range business and IT strategies; market, operational and technology trends and current state constraints.
- Ensures solutions (people, process and technology) meet the program and/or project objectives and are aligned with business and IT strategic direction.
- Collaborates with project leads and subject matter experts to develop the strategy on how requirements will be approached and managed for large or complex programs and/or projects.
- Works with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies across initiatives, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Manages program level requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements across initiatives.
- Assists in defect resolution.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of four years business experience (Claim, Product, Analytics, Technology, Underwriting)
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Experienced with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Experienced designing and delivering highly usable software that satisfies business requirements
- Hands on involvement with consumer facing digital solutions and experiences
- Preferred qualification of a Bachelor's degree with product development experience
- Ability to gain broad understanding of overall roadmap and related strategies
- Experienced with medium to large projects of varying complexity
- Proven ability to motivate a team through coaching and mentoring
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, listening to various levels across the organization
- Strong knowledge of assigned products and related business requirements
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Analytical Thinking (Master) - Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Master) - Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Master) - Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Advanced) - Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Advanced) - Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Advanced) - Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Advanced) - Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Advanced) - Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Master) - Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Advanced) - Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
- Operates standard office equipment - Frequently
- Sitting (Can stand at will) - Frequently
- Standing - Occasionally
- Use of Keyboards and sporadic 10-Key - Frequently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE