Allstate Benefits Copywriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Communications team at Allstate Benefits manages the planning, implementation and production of project work supporting the sales efforts of internal and external customers across three distribution channels.
A Communications Consultant facilitates communication through the management of specific vehicles and messages for targeted audiences. Their work impacts the internal and external marketing processes across multi-access channels and stakeholders.
- Coordinate own work plan, prioritizing workflow and multiple, more complex projects
- Assist with development and execution of marketing plan in line with team strategies
- Work as a resource on cross-functional teams
- Assist clients to identify their needs and options
- Work independently on familiar projects and with management guidance on new or unfamiliar projects
- Develops error-free basic written communications and demonstrates consistent correct usage of grammar and punctuation
- Serves as a liaison, helping to facilitate balance between client interests and company interests
- 2-5 years of marketing and communications experience required
- Strong experience writing for consumers and B2B audiences (i.e. flyers, brochures, presentations, sales communications, FAQs, etc.)
- Bachelors degree required; Communications/Public Relations concentration preferred
- Insurance and/or financial services industry experience a plus
- Working knowledge and intermediate experience using Microsoft suite products
- Understanding of the importance in maintaining a strong reputation and brand management
- Intermediate knowledge and application of the Associated Press Style Guide and Allstate Brand Voice
- Intermediate organization and project/program management skills
- Intermediate negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Allstates organization, policies and procedures is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.