Contract Consultant I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Product Operations Contracts job family works closely with legal, actuarial, underwriting, project management, and regional partners to develop, analyze, and implement needed contract changes in Allstates various lines of business. Responsibilities include interfacing with actuaries, lawyers, and regional consultants, several internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, other teams within Product Operations, as well as state Departments of Insurance.
The Contract Consultant I will work on projects that include, but are not limited to: compliance and discretionary contract changes, research requests, data calls, system inquiries and other projects that are moderately complex in nature. The Contract Consultant I is very familiar with Allstate insurance contracts and project management processes, understands how the contract fits into overall business strategy, and is beginning to build an understanding of regional market, competition and emerging trends.
Contract Project Management
- Owns and implements basic to moderately complex contract projects of small to moderate scale, developing business requirements, making contract revisions, and completing other contract-related tasks using acceptable project management tools and processes and adhering to established standards
- Contributes as a team member on basic to moderately complex projects that impact multiple disciplines, making contract revisions and completing other contract-related tasks using acceptable project management tools and processes and adhering to established standards
- Ensures that proposed contract language adheres to applicable state laws and meets stated business goals
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with assistance
- Actively participates in the development of project plans, adhering to timelines for contract-related milestones
- Communicates and presents project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identifies potential project risks and participates in the development of plans/solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Reviews technical specifications for contract projects that are of basic to moderate complexity and of small to moderate scale, validating output to ensure business requirements have been met
- Creates all post-implementation documentation associated with contract projects and ensures that project files are archived appropriately
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Contributes to the development and design of new low- to moderately-complex contract changes, plans, programs, processes, and products
- Participates in the development of communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, products
- Solicits inputs from stakeholders
- Regularly participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes, making observations and suggesting improvements
- Can monitor processes throughout team/department
- Understands and adheres to internal and external compliance requirements and standards
Product Management Support
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by recommending contract changes to internal stakeholders
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/products to the field
- Develops a basic understanding of the implications of business strategies on supported markets
- Assures proper execution of regulatory and legislative practices for Product Management
- Contributes to the development of agency education for projects
Research and Analysis
- Conducts moderately complex insurance contract research and analysis as directed, applying standard knowledge of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Can analyze data and review analysis from others
- Follows appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development to build insurance contract expertise
- Has a basic understanding of current industry standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- With direction, drafts low-complexity contract language in support of business goals
- Education: Bachelors Degree required
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.