Associate Project Manager, Quality & Risk
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Join the growing Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) Project Management Team where you will consult business leaders and provide comprehensive support services to Allstates agency force from a quality and risk management perspective.
With exposure to a multitude of high level stakeholders and projects across the enterprise, you will have the opportunity not only to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements from cyber security to business ethics, but you will also play a critical role in influencing key business decisions.
The Quality & Risk Management Lead at their core is a consultant and a project manager, diving deep to uncover challenges in a variety of operational aspects of the business from the effectiveness of employee and agency training to defining the business appetite for market risk. This person is comfortable with change (no two projects are identical!) and possesses a passion for thinking big, connecting dots, and ultimately solving business problems that will help Allstate continue to deliver on our mission of protecting customers from lifes uncertainties.
- Project management, consultation, and implementation of new programs and procedures
- Provides timely and efficient project implementation related to compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, and internal control
- Analysis of specialized compliance audits
- Recommends procedural changes and forward-thinking insights
- Ensures execution of required compliance (regulatory/internal control), quality review processes and takes appropriate corrective action
- Stewardship of documentation and reporting
- Cross-functional communications and stakeholder management
- Mentorship and provision of subject matter expertise to colleagues
- Attends/conducts meetings to provide and receive critical information related to the implementation of compliance procedures, project definition, status reviews and final reports
- Answers complex inquires via phone or written correspondence requiring interpretation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Produces high-quality communication deliverables.
- Identifies, coordinates, formulates, and implements opportunity areas to ensure compliance systems/processes are optimal
- Coordinates major projects and resources, forecasts results, monitors progress
- Coordinates and Develops Improvement Processes: Identifies the needs and presents information to increase organizational effectiveness
- May manage others in a complex operational and/or project oriented team
- Assists Quality, Compliance and Education Manager in development of annual plan
- 7+ years of experience with internal controls and auditing best practices
- Strong competencies in quality assurance and compliance programs
- Strong working knowledge of risk management theory and practices
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and analyze/troubleshoot problems
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Follows policy level direction from management and provides risk assessment and control input to annual audit plan.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership skills that facilitate teamwork, mentorship, and accomplishment of team goals
- Creates complex best practices and manages the responsibility of implementing and executing those practices.