Software Developer II - .Net
- Career Level
- Not Specified
National General Insurance, www.ngic.com, is currently hiring for a Mid-Level .Net Developer to join our growing IT team in St. Louis, MO (Hazelwood area). The ideal candidate will have previous experience building .Net applications using C# and VB.Net, experience with Web Services (must have), and experience with SQL Server back-end databases (writing SQL commands, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
This position is responsible for analysis, codes, tests and documents moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible with assisting with the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Analyzes and documents how the business requirements fit into existing system.
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participates in gathering specifications from users
- Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
- Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision as needed.
- Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years' experience using C # or VB.Net
- 2+ years' experience with Web Services(WCF & Web API), Web Forms, and XML
- 1+ years of transact SQL experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.