Software Developer I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This individual will assist with the development and maintenance of detailed computer program design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation as required by project goals. In addition, the .Net Programmer/Analyst will identify and resolve computer information system application malfunctions to assure continuity of service for supported business functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to complete a complex software lifecycle: scope, design, code, test and implement
- Participate in requirement analysis and definition
- Prepare code documentation in support of program development
- Follow established company software development guidelines and procedures
- Debug, test and install new application programs
- Debug and test existing application programs
- Develop test procedures and test platforms for programs and/or programming functions
- Modify existing systems
- Confer with departments to identify software/reporting needs
- Manage systems project timelines as they relate to programming
- Assure system documentation by directing the writing of detailed descriptions of the system components
- Create the training modules for user groups
- Develop and implement software solutions that will empower the users as well as boost the overall operational efficiencies
- Perform ad hoc reports on demand
- Monitor the integrity of scheduled reports/tasks and jobs ensuring the proper flow of data into tables, updates, etc
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- At least 3+ years of total development experience in web-related technologies
- 2+ years' experience with ASP.NET MVC, at least 1 year using the 4-4.5 framework
- 1+ years' experience with any of the front-end libraries, like Knockout, Angular JS, and etc.
- 2+ years' experience using C # or VB.Net
- 2+ years' experience with Web Services(WCF & Web API), Web Forms, and XML
- 1+ years of transact SQL experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Proficient working with the following - .NET, C#/VB, SSMS, Object Oriented Programming, MVC, Unit Testing, APIs.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 a plus
- Knowledge of insurance applications a plus
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.