- Career Level
- Not Specified
The role of the Actuarial Analyst is to collect information, perform actuarial analyses, and communicate results to key stakeholders. Projects assigned will come from multiple actuarial disciplines and the majority of work will be supervised.
- Compile data from internal databases for actuarial reports and models. Balance data to alternative sources, document work, and evaluate quality of results.
- Understand multivariate predictive modeling techniques (e.g. GLMs) including application to insurance data to develop predictive rating algorithms.
- Create and design pricing solutions for personal and commercial insurance products.
- Support predictive modeling initiatives by actively pursuing research and development opportunities.
- Analyze company liabilities during the quarterly reserving process.
- Complete monthly reporting responsibilities in a time-efficient manner.
- Support the annual company planning process.
- Effectively communicate data-driven insights to business partners and management.
- Maintain satisfactory standing in the actuarial study program.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Data Science
- SQL Server database software
- Comprehensive understanding or relational databases
- R, Python, or similar statistical software programming knowledge
- General programming ability
- Actuarial Analysis
- Excel spreadsheet proficiency
- Visual Basic Application in Excel
- Ability to apply actuarial concepts to develop and implement business solutions
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Compiles with professionalism standards set by the Casualty Actuarial Society
Education and Experience
A Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related subjects is required. Minimum of two to three years of progressive actuarial or data analyst experience preferred. Prior predictive modeling experience preferred. Completion of three Actuarial Exams required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H