Claims Appraiser – Auto Physical Damage
Count on us to exceed a higher standard:
Property Damage Appraisers (PDA) leads the industry in quality, accuracy and responsiveness. Founded in 1963, our team serves more than 2,500 clients and completes more than 450,000 estimates and inspections annually. PDA has more than 250 offices and 650 appraisers who work professionally, quickly and efficiently to serve clients all over the United States.
PDA has an immediate opening for an Auto Damage Appraiser in Santa Rosa, CA. This position also supports our Desk Review Teams and assists our Auto Damage Appraisers across the organization, as needed. You could occasionally handle supplements from another marketing area as well.
To serve our clients accurately and quickly, we equip our employees with the latest technology for office operations and customer service. We have our own PDA Xpress virtual estimating tool, integration services, and client portal, as well as top estimating systems, such as Mitchell Estimating, CCC ONE, Xactware, and Audatex.
In this role, you will appraise vehicles with precision and accuracy while maintaining superior quality service and high standards of performance.
- Appraise damaged vehicles and complete estimates and/or total-loss evaluations to comply with client, PDA and state regulations.
- Negotiate repair estimates with shops.
- Complete re-inspections and/or supplements as required.
- Write appraisals at the side of the car.
- Manages client relationships while developing growth and new client base. May be involved in sales, negotiating, and contracting of new clients.
- Markets PDA to potential service vendors by calling on body shops, auto dealerships, Third Party Administrators, Insurance Companies, and investigators, establishing relationships and promoting the PDA brand.
- Monitors market share performance and makes strategic adjustments to ensure retention is maintained and growth is experienced.
- Review of company metrics while providing analytical resolutions to performance of the area aligned to company goals.
- Required participation with companywide CAT losses, as needed.
- Strong computer skills, and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- 3+ years experience in writing auto damage appraisals.
- Valid State Licensing (Must be current).
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of auto appraisal technical skills.
- Expertise in estimating systems and reporting.
- Pass background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Auto insurance claims experience is preferred.
- I-Car training and ASE Certification preferred.
- Auto body shop experience is a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- Company Car.
- A smart phone, laptop and related items for office set up will be furnished;
- Corporate AMEX.
- Observance of paid holidays as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Vacation will be accrued per the employee handbook;
- Participation in the Annual Bonus Program based on company profitability and the meeting of specified objectives;
- Eligibility for health and dental coverage and a 40l(K) pension plan subject to plan terms;
- Vision (employee and dependents)
- Eligibility for company paid benefits such as life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods;
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Reimbursement
- HSA Contribution
- Primary Location: United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: $60K
- Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
- Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time