Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are seeking a driven, technically competent professional to join our team! This is great opportunity for a technology advocate who is adept at identifying technological solutions to improve the business. The incumbent will apply knowledge of software engineering to develop an automation strategy for functional and non-functional tests in an Agile/DevOps environment. In addition, the incumbent will lead the Test Automation and Performance Testing Center of Excellence (“COE”).
- Provide strategy and thought leadership with respect to Quality Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Performance Engineering and Testing, in a highly automated SAFe/Agile environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging industry trends and techniques with respect to Quality Engineering and Assurance, Performance, Test Automation, Test Data Management, Service Virtualization, Continuous Integration and Delivery, and related elements of a highly automated software delivery pipeline.
- Implement the strategy for stability and performance of solutions (including - project level design, debug and performance analysis) at the applications and technology domains level.
- Coordinate design and installation of test automation architecture, tools and databases.
- Design functional and non-functional test automation strategy and processes.
- Build, maintain, and utilize partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources.
- As COE lead, adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance
- Collaborate with other COE functions to provide optimal solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- 7 years of programming/development experience preferred
- Experience as a technical lead preferred
- Experience with programming languages, preferably .Net
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc.
- Familiarity with Dynatrace
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts and techniques
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodology
Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design, develop, configure and support applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for multiple systems to achieve business and/ or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical mastery for technologies, applications, systems, frameworks, and/or languages and has the ability to influence and/or set technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates. Demonstrates proficiency in business concepts. Demonstrates expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts. Able to evaluate and leverage pre-existing services and frameworks. Leverages enterprise and industry best practices and standards. Works to ensure component interactions follow and promote design best practices.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team. Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future technology direction. Able to easily communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities/concepts in ways that the business can understand. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to expertly diagnose root causes, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively with business and technical teams. Able to break a problem down into manageable pieces, evaluate potential risks/alternatives, and implement effective, timely solutions. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action including escalating situations as appropriate. Demonstrates sound decision making and problem resolution skills. Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Optimizes the use of all available resources. Trusted technical advisor.
Team Orientation: Able to promote, maintain, and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives and engage stakeholders. Able to influence project stakeholders and team members. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
Leadership: Able to set and assign technical goals and priorities for self and team members. Exhibits team leadership. Able to set teams technical direction. Able to provide feedback and/or coaching regarding technical resources.
Planning and Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the overall strategy in mind. Able to manage time and competing priorities. Able to accurately estimate the tasks and resources needed to complete assigned project work. Financial Awareness: Able to accurately assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions. Demonstrates ability to understand relevant costs associated with assigned project work.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE