Risk Management Coordinator
The Risk Management Coordinator’s primary role is to assist the members of the risk management & insurance department by processing work associated with insurance claims and programs. This includes data entry and reporting in and out of the RMIS database, issuing certificates of insurance, basic policy review and responding to policy questions from our customers. This role is primarily focused on supporting our claims adjusters and the claims team but will act as a backup for the other Risk Management Coordinator who is primary focused on support for our programs insurance business.
- Maintains relationships with insurers, claims adjusters and insurance brokers in order to keep them up-to date with pertinent changes.
- Helps our customers through the claims submittal process and issues records and reports to meet compliance with the Division of Insurance for our captive insurance company as well as our self-insured customers.
- Produces and distributes periodic and regularly scheduled reports for both claims and underwriting exposures.
- Enters information into the claims database for recording Captive, TPA client, and carrier loss information including assisting as a liaison with IT, vendors, and RM claim staff for process improvements. May also play a primary or support role in maintaining the claims database.
- Files department paperwork and maintains the electronic record management system
- Administers insurance related functions such as claims submittal and tracking, renewals, inspections, asset lists and values, policies, certificates, bonds, surveys, reports and related issues.
- Supports Risk Management staff by entering Lenders Single Interest and Owned Property records, including updates and first reports of accidents into the RMIS database. Provides preliminary instructions to customers, insureds, claimants, independent adjusters, medical providers or repair facilities under the direction of the Risk Management (RM) staff.
- Interacts with business units to complete policy renewal applications and assist in negotiating policy renewals.
- Collects and manages information for Auto Physical Damage, Leased Property and Vessel insurance. Sends quarterly Leased and Vessel updates to Broker.
- Assists with contract review from an insurance requirement perspective.
- Distributes information to customers which includes preparing, gathering and organizing rate and deductible forms and spreadsheets, and distributing Workers Compensation notices to post and other documents as requested.
- Establishes, administers and maintains insurance data electronically for tracking and trending analysis.
- Enters reserves, payments and diaries as instructed by Risk Management claims staff into the claims database, provides data entry for vendor billings.
- Mails printed checks when received. Generates reports as needed so medical providers can properly allocate claim payments to the right patient. Generates the appropriate spreadsheet so accounts receivable can bill the TPA client to replenish the escrow account.
- Performs Doc Servicing which involves printing or saving to PDF medical records to distribute to claimants and attorneys as required.
- Creates monthly, quarterly and annual reports required by insurers and the Division of Workers Compensation including medical only, change of physician requests, fire fighter cancer cases. Provides claim listing to the Division, auditors or excess insurers and pulls files, if necessary, when these entities perform claim audits. Responds to auditor’s questions whenever possible and directs them to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Because FCC Services has continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- High School graduate, some college preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ administrative experience to include data entry and analysis
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the insurance industry and basic understanding of insurance coverages and experience in claim administration
- Preferred prior work experience in Risk Management Information Systems or similar databases
- Proven attention to detail to maintain a high level of productivity and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must demonstrate strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure and adjust to changing priorities, in some cases managing several tasks at once
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team in a fast paced, growth environment
- Able to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy, juggling multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
An Overview of FCC Services. Our Expertise. Our Services.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we empower organizations to be more. We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCC Services has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCC Services is proud to serve a variety of clients across the US.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to Be More.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- Generous 401k matching
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to human.resources@FCCServices.com – No phone calls, please.