Claims Compliance Associate
The CARE Compliance team is seeking a highly motivated individual who brings experience working in a regulated and process-driven environment. This role provides support to CARE Claims teams in maintaining compliance with state licensing requirements, including facilitating, obtaining and maintaining licenses, as well as monitoring and communicating continuing education requirements and deficiencies.
You must be able to work on diverse assignments and have the ability to change gears based on shifting priorities and deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a passion for process and continuous improvement; will be actively engaged in identifying and providing feedback to improve the services provided by this role and this team; and will understand the needs of the business, the requirements of relevant laws and regulations, and provide consultation to assist the business in meeting strategic goals in a compliant manner.The ideal candidate will have knowledge, skills, and experience related to P&C claims handling or other claims support, such as Quality Assurance; regulatory compliance, such as researching, reviewing, and distilling regulatory/ statutory code; coordination of and/or participation in regulatory inquiries, such as Market Conduct, DOI complaint handling, or data calls; or, claims adjuster licensing, such as processing licensing applications, managing CE and renewals, and consulting with business units on licensing strategy. Responsibilities are listed below.
- Coordinates, processes, and monitors the application, transfer, cancellation, reinstatement, and renewal of state staff licensing for CARE claims associates
- Monitors and records CE requirements and progress; manages communication and follow-up process to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Monitors developments in state regulations pertaining to adjuster licensing
- Works with management to ensure processes are established to facilitate ongoing compliance, including execution of processes and procedures
- Works with management to understand business needs; provides consultation to ensure compliance
- Provides training during onboarding or other ad hoc training, as needed
- Provides SME support to IT in development of workflow and technology enhancements
- Assists Corporate Compliance on DOI Market Conduct exams and other regulatory inquiries relating to adjuster licensing
- Creates, analyses, and distributes various periodic on-going reports, as well as ad hoc reporting
- Compliance vendor relationship
- Ensures compliance with all state regulations
- Performs validation of requirements, enhancements, and user acceptance testing
- Manages relationship to ensure service level agreements are met along with business needs
- Licensing support may extend to other areas, such as workers compensation, RN licensure, drone certification, etc
- Compliance support may extend to other, non-licensing related areas (i.e., Market Conduct, Data Calls, Regulatory updates, etc)
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience. Previous experience within the insurance industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Obtain all required adjuster license within 180 days of employment.
Communication and Collaboration Skills:
- Professional oral and written communication skills are critical to the success of this position. All claims service must be handled with tact, diplomacy, and courtesy at all times.
- Must be able to collaborate and develop strong team relationships with associates from within and outside the Claims Department.
Customer-centric with exceptional customer service skills.
Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of insurance policies and endorsements, as well as the ability to understand complex documents, contracts, and other legal documents.
Gather facts and draw conclusions, interpret complex requirements/issues and work independently. The individual must be able to identify and implement key opportunities while researching potential solutions.
State Auto Values:
Must be willing to work by the "values" established by State Auto.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions, we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.