- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exciting opportunity for a Reinsurance Manager in the Northbrook, IL!!!
The Reinsurance Associate Manager is responsible for managing the activities of a reinsurance unit/team. The Associate Manager has solid reinsurance and accounting knowledge and provides assistance to his/her team on reinsurance matters. In addition, the Associate Manager is responsible for leading reinsurance and/or accounting projects and communicates effectively. This position may be responsible for one or more of a wide range of reinsurance areas to include accounting, collections, and dispute resolution for ceded and/or assumed reinsurance. The Associate Manager is accountable for managing human resources and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
Specialty Operations Division (SOD), Reinsurance Administration is responsible for operationalizing and accounting for Voluntary P&C Reinsurance Programs for the following business segments:
- Allstate Insurance Company (and affiliates) - Catastrophe Program (includes Catastrophe Bonds)
- Allstate Business Insurance
- Allstate Insurance Company of Canada; Pembridge; Pafco
- North Light Specialty Insurance Company
- Discontinued Lines including NESCO and Allstate Re
Main accountabilities in Reinsurance Administration include:
- Timely and accurate accounting and reporting
- Collaborate with other business units to improve Allstates bottom line
- Analyze, explain, and communicate the results
- Govern by exercising oversight over Field processes that feed Specialty Ops and adhere to internal and external controls
- Oversee the Reinsurance Dispute Process administer the work being performed by Claim, Internal and External Lawyers assigned to an individual reinsurance dispute.
- Monitor and administrate the Reinsurer Liquidation Process
Manage Human Resources
- Determine/Recommend staffing needs
- Manages workflow of unit.
- Establish and communicate job performance standards
- Motivate, lead and develop others
- Evaluate employee performance and potential
- Provide information by reporting to top management
- Chair meetings to discuss and solve work related issues
- Assist Associate Managers and Managers to understand and apply policies, procedures, or theories
- Approve responses to audits, surveys, and other complex information requests from external/internal sources
- Interpret policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and/or refer inquiries to appropriate parties
Workflow and Project Planning
- Plans, implements and manages large-scale projects
- Formulate strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Assess division/department strengths and weaknesses
- Track division/department performance in relation to plan
- Review, evaluate, analyze and advise on complex Acct./Financial/Technical information
- Ensure alignment with department and or corporate goals
- Participate in the planning and budget processes for Specialty Operations
- Review and approve direct reports work product
- Independently determines approach to managing projects/teams
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 5+ years related experience
- Solid knowledge of Accounting/Financial/technical processes.
- Individual is highly capable of independent work and management guidance is not normally required.
- Has the ability to help others to clarify issues and discover possibilities for resolution.
- Advanced technical knowledge in one or more specific areas of expertise.
- Considered an expert by peers, often used as a technical resource.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.