Subrogation Arbitration Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Subrogation Arbitration Adjuster in Atlanta, GA!
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for writing basic arbitration contentions and responses against third party carriers that have made damage reductions to Allstates subrogation demands, typically in matters involving Auto/Property claims. The individual is gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. Strong writing skills are required for this role! The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is also gaining experience in meeting band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Evaluates third party carrier response/reduction to subrogation demand on basic claims and follows up on collecting additional information from customer, third party carrier, or others for investigation and file documentation; documents file with decision making process
- Contacts third party carrier to review liability and subrogation response, and obtains information regarding decision to reduce amount paid
- Follows guidelines of subrogation and arbitration to write up a basic arbitration demand for recovery and resolve subrogation file; develops arbitration strategy and researches supporting case and statutory law as needed
- Selects and hires experts to inspect evidence and help with arbitration strategy
- Negotiates liability and/or damages and resolves/settles dispute with third party carrier on basic claims when liability is clear and straightforward
- Monitors collection of subrogation recoveries and follows up with third party carrier as needed for subrogation payment
- Writes basic contentions and respondent arbitrations
- Applies basic compliance rules and state laws to claims
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more basic and occasionally moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- Communicates with attorneys regarding basic matters
- Resolves basic damage claims
- Understands basic product liability issues as they apply to claims and is gaining ability to recognize patterns in product failures
- Collaborates and coordinates across AORs
- Minimum of 3 years liability claims handling experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Arbitration experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Highly adaptable to frequent process change
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.