Catastrophe Field Property Adjuster- TX
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in peoples lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Are you looking for a way to help people in need who have experienced or have been impacted by a catastrophic loss? Do you have a passion for helping others? Have an eye for detail? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? Are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Catastrophe Claims Outside Property Adjuster!
As an Allstate CAT Outside Property Claims Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore peoples lives after theyve had a loss. Under limited supervision, you would be responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling property damage and liability insurance claims. You will be traveling to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis, reviewing the insurance policy, evaluating damages, determining loss coverage and authorizing payments. It is imperative that you deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. You would work independently, prioritizing responsibilities, and managing your own workload while ensuring that you are meeting customer service standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with our customers and vendors
- Treat customers respectfully and compassionately
- Solve problems, make decisions, and take action
- Conduct research, investigate details, and estimate damage
- Create an organized work routine in a virtual environment
- Work independently and responsibly to handle claims in a professional and caring manner
- Work as a team within an assigned unit and also within the team at large
- Create and maintain business relationships
- Support Allstate's commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Manage communication, verbally or in writing, regarding claim processes/procedures with other customers, employees, leaders and teams.
Working environment: Please note that, since this is a field position, you will need to have a valid drivers license. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel across the country as much as 75% of your working time. You will be working 10 days on with 4 days off, as a result, you must be willing to work weekends and extended hours as necessary. In addition you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder, and climb up and down it many times a day.
- Bachelors Degree or a minimal of 4 years of estimating experience and/or military experience with an E-4 or better ranking.
- Must be able to travel 90% and able to work a non-traditional schedule
- Diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Must be proficient in Microsoft
- Customer service experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and seek training necessary to excel
- Proven record for maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.