AmTrust Financial Services
Legal / Compliance
AmTrust North America is looking for a State Agency Counsel. The ideal candidate will have solid experience underwriting commercial transactions. This position will be located in PA.
Position: State Agency Counsel - 5-7 years of title underwriting experience with solid experience underwriting commercial transactions, salary position. Juris Doctor degree, admitted to practice in state of employment and in good standing required. Reports to Chief State Agency Counsel. Utilize underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits to underwrite the issuance of title insurance. Underwrite sophisticated commercial and residential transactions. Act in accordance with risk decisions of Company and keep management aware of risks undertaken and possible consequences. Provide underwriting support and expertise to Company personnel, agents and customers related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies for residential and commercial transactions. Present continuing education and continuing legal education courses to agents, customers and internal personnel. Prepare bulletins to agents on legal and underwriting developments. Keep abreast of the latest developments in the title industry. General knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to real estate title insurance and settlement services.Qualifications
- Juris Doctor degree;
- Admitted to practice in state of employment and in good standing;
- 5-7 years of title underwriting experience with solid experience underwriting commercial transactions;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills;
- Excellent business sense and judgment;
- Detail oriented;
- General knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to real estate title insurance and settlement services;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate, think outside the box and make sound decisions to resolve complex matters;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow up in a timely manner;
- Ability to travel and work outside normal business hours;
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.