Administrative Assistant I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
An Administrative Assistant I may provide general administrative support to Managers and/or Senior Managers and manages basic support operations for them (departments vary). The duties may also include assignment of specific tasks when necessary. Occasional coverage of other clerical desks and support functions may, at time be required.
JOB SUMMARY (Specific to Premium Audit):
Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing along with other duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (General):
- Manage calendars and schedules appointments, screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
- Organizes events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers
- Prepare agendas, notices and minutes.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Perform confidential secretarial functions including developing and typing written correspondence. Respond to routine external correspondence. Type memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement documentation and reconciles corporate credit card account(s).
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Order office supplies and maintains supply cabinet and replenishes break areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - Premium Audit:
- Data entry of all audit requests from clients
- Handle all incoming faxes for Premium Audit division
- Handle all introductory calls to insureds as requested by clients
- Send bulk alerts to field staff on client assignments
- Handle assignment extension requests and reorder requests with Clients
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a compute
- Assist Premium Audit Regional Managers/supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
- This position reports to a Manager and/or a member of the Senior Staff
- High School Diploma Required, BS or BA preferred
- 0 to 2 years of equivalent experience
- Problem solvingthe individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skillsthe individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communicationthe individual speaks clearly and pleasantly.
- Written communicationthe individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizingthe individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality controlthe individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptabilitythe individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependabilitythe individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Good computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications